Sunday, October 21, 2018

Presentations, Exchange Programs and TV Interview

This monkey was really slow to write a new blog post, but my days were scheduled full, so I needed a brake from all: Ones I got the chance!

So far, I have given presentations of management in Finland, Startup life, Trade between EU and Russia. Currently, I am working on presentation (or was it plenary, need to verify this!) about EU's policy on green energy. Yes, they requested it. Here at the heart of oil and gas. I was also interviewed by the university media, if you are able to follow news in Russian, check the link. (Do not worry, I was speaking in English. Not that confident yet!)

Me looking highly professional. 


On Friday we had spree of meetings and I was introduced to the Vice-President on External Affairs, Georgy V. Korshunov and he kindly offered to assist me tosee, if I could gain access to public information on Russia's policy development on international trade, which is central information for my subject in masters thesis. So now I need to draft an official letter of introduction to the Ministry of Economic Development of the Russian Federation Department of Trade Negotiations. Of course, it is just to see whether I could get assistance to get the information. We will see how it goes...

So now I need to draft the text and make a translation as well, by the beginning of next week. Luckily, I do have someone to proofread my text before it leaves!

Winter is coming...


So busy, busy,.. I have couple of more projects concerning new possible exchange programs coming up. I really enjoy developing relations and starting something new and therefore, I am grateful to have the opportunity to gain this experience and to be able to have my wishes heard on what I do and learn.

I think I am progressing with the language as I managed to discuss (if few word sentences counts!) on Friday about topics such as, Finland and Russian history, geology of Finland, minerals found in our soil and how they collect those in Russia from the water underneath the oil. It took two hours and sometimes dictionary as these subjects are not something we would have gone through during our Russian lessons in Finland. But hey, it is to be understood that counts right?

When you fail with the understandable communication -part: I managed to order two set of icecreams instead of one. Oh boy! For my defence, I was not at my best that day... but really! Two bowls of icecreams! ! Please, do trust me to take care of some official communication, oh wait...


I do remember that I promised to give you more information on Innovatika! I should get back with it soon. Though, cannot promise anything as the following two weeks are quite hectic.

No comments:

Post a Comment